New Life for Old Bags
- Anne Schlagel for Community Christian Church Plainfield
- Harriett Luce for Hope United Methodist Church
- Donna Morrow for Plainfield United Methodist Church
Project Description: On Sunday, May 6th, from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m, volunteers will help turn old plastic bags into mats for the homeless. Re-purpose plastic grocery bags into a helpful item for the homeless. Volunteers will sort bags and fold them to create ‘plarn’ (plastic yarn) and weave them into sleeping mats. No crocheting experience is necessary! This program is a fun and lively atmosphere makes it great for families and volunteers of all ages. By participating, you’ll create a practical item for those in need out of materials that otherwise pose an environmental issue.
- Community Christian Church Plainfield, 24035 Riverwalk Ct. Plainfield, IL 60544 in upstairs large group area
- Hope United Methodist Church, 2506 Caton Farm Rd. Joliet, IL 60435
- Plainfield United Methodist Church, 15114 S. Illinois St. Plaifield, IL 60544
- We will be on the second floor near the stage.
Project Age Restrictions: There are scissors involved recommending ages 5 and up with adult supervision.
Project Supplies to Bring: Scissors and Crochet hooks size Q and save your plastic bags for the event. All colors and sizes work with the exception of the newspaper bags. Watch for colorful bags too at the stores that you shop at.
For more information on New Life for Old Bags go to: WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/NLOBPLAINFIELDIL